Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why? Why Smoke?

I can't seem to understand why muz an individual smoke. Whats the reason behind smoking? Don't say its because of Stress... Stress is not an excuse for smoking...

This has been distracting me so much... Adrian smoked before i knew him... But after getting together, he promised me that he will stop smoking... And he did... At least i thought he did... Never would i know that he have been smoking behind my back...

Started with casual smoking.. With friends and all... Getting cigarettes from his friends...
Now? Habitual smoking... Everyday... During work breaks... Buying his own packs...
I DO NOT understand...

I thought i heard his phone ring last night and i wanted to get his phone for him... Guess what? I found cigarettes and lighter in his pocket... I dunno wat came over me but i threw those poisonous yucky stuffs down the rubbish chute... I know that this will not solve any problem... But i'll still throw them away everytime i see them...

When i ask him why he smoke, he would say that its due to stress... EXCUSES!
When i asked him not to smoke... He said he would try... TRY????? Where got try? Even if he did? Maybe he is not trying hard enough! Yes... He has been totally honest about it and I thank him for that... But i dun appreciate him breaking his promises all the time... The trust that i have in him is GONE...

If he can break this promise... What about our wedding vows in the future? Will he break that too? Please understand that whenever he smokes, the smell and the idea of it will trigger whatever nasty feelings i have for my father... He said before that he will never be like my father... But he is not getting the point... THE POINT IS... I REALLY DUN WAN HIM TO SMOKE... REMINDS ME OF MY FATHER... HEALTH RISKS... MONEY... BAD HABITS... I rather he bite his nails or something den to smoke...

I'm even thinking whether i should smoke myself to show him that i'm really affected by this... But i really dunno if this will affect him as much as it would affect me... You guys may think that this is a small issue... But you will never understand how it is affecting me psychologically... Its really draining me...

I have been thinking... Why not just give up my principle and give in? I really wanted to just CLOSE BOTH EYES and give in... But by doing that i would be giving the signal that "It is ok to break your promise..." or "If you perservere enough, i would finally break down, give up and compromise..." Now its smoking... What if one day its adultry? And if he keeps doing that, keep saying "i'll try"... Does it mean i have to give in and compromise?

I really do love him and his family... But because of this issue... I'm even contemplating giving this relationship up... I have faith... But i'm not sure I can't take it with my father keeps popping into my mind whenever i know that he smokes... What should i do??????? HATE THIS... HATE DILEMMAS.....

So tell me.... Any way out????

No comments: